2724 L Street
Bakersfield, CA 93301
FAX (661) 328-8880
Evaluation Hot Topic
Infant Mortality - Safe Sleep Click here
Where's Baby? Look before you lock!A child dies from heatstroke about once every 10 days from being left alone in a hot vehicle. In fact, heatstroke is the leading cause of non-crash vehicle fatality for kids 14 and younger. Children climb into unlocked cars to play or are left alone in the car. These are tragedies that are 100 percent preventable.
Never leave your child alone in a car - Not for a minute, not for a second!
- A child’s body absorbs more heat on a hot day than an adult’s does.
- High body temperatures can cause a child permanent injury or even death.
- 10 minutes is all the time it takes for a car to reach deadly temperatures with a child locked inside.
- San Francisco State Univ.: 52% of cases, child was “forgotten” by the caregiver.
- Did u know? In more than 29% of cases, kids got into vehicles on their own.
- If you see a child alone in a hot vehicle, call 911immediately. If the child is in distress due to heat, get that child out as quickly as possible. Cool the child rapidly by spraying the child with cool water or with water from a garden hose (an ice bath isn’t necessary nor desirable).
Want to help us prevent heatstroke deaths of children in hot vehicle? Visit www.safercar.gov/heatstroke or www.safekids.org
for more information.
Print This Page
Mark Your Calendar
in your neighborhood
Click for Schedule
Kit for New Parents
English language Kits
time. We expect they
will become available
by early November
Spanish and Asian
language Kits are available.
First 5 Kern Funded Programs
First 5 Kern
Wed., Oct. 8, 2014
1300 17th Street