Parents and Caregivers
- First 5 California Parent Site
- Parent Center – Created for parents of children ages 2 to 8. Offers articles, expert advice and tips from other parents on parenting, education and children’s health and activities.
- More 4 Kids – Lists lots of parenting websites with brief descriptions.
- Child Development Resources
- Kids Health
- RIF – Reading is Fundamental
- Recommended Reading for Children Ages 5 and Under
- Zero To Three – ZERO TO THREE is a national, nonprofit organization that informs, trains and supports professionals, policymakers and parents in their efforts to improve the lives of infants and toddlers.
- Pregnancy Calendar – Week-By-Week Guide
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention – CDC’s “Learn the Signs, Act Early” program has tools to help parents and early childhood care and education providers track children’s developmental milestones and provides information about what to do if there is a concern.
- Postpartum Support
- KidsData.org – Local and Statewide Demographics
- California Smokers’ Helpline – 1-800-NO_BUTTS Tobacco Free
- Tobacco Free Kids
- Umbilical Cord Blood – With over 80 diseases treated and new therapies discovered every year, your baby’s cord blood only becomes more valuable.
- Cerebral Palsy Group– Cerebral Palsy information, resources and support.
- Single Mother Grants – Assists low-income families with finding financial assistance programs.