Resources and Links
Below are some websites that may be of interest to contracted service providers, parents, or community partners, for resources on child wellness, development and serving families.
- State of California
- First 5 California
- STATE NEWSLETTER – First 5 Focus, May 2017
- ARTICLE- If California truly cares about children, the state will improve family leave
- ARTICLE – First 5 Marijuana Position Paper
- PILOT PROGRAM – Dual Language Learner Pilot
- California State Department of Education
- County of Kern
- Kern County Superintendent of Schools
- Proposition 10 Full Text via First 5 California
- State of California Department of Public Health – Maternal, Child and Adolescent Health Program
Associations and Partners
- First 5 Association of California
- The Kern County Children’s Dental Health Network (KCCDHN)
- Kern County Network for Children
- Community Connection for Child Care
- Early Childhood Council of Kern
Kern County Data
- Kern Cares – Kern County Network for Children’s 17th annual Report Card includes the latest available data in categories like child demographics, family economics, education, child/adolescent health, child safety and at-risk youth behavior.
- KidsData.org – Local and statewide demographics on a variety of topics.
Adult Education and Career Resources
- How to Become a Teacher in California – Teacher.org
- Online College Rankings
- Taft College 2017 Schedule – including ECE
- Smoking cessation “train the trainer” – The Center offers free, live webinars several times each year on timely topics related to tobacco use and smoking cessation.
- Transitional Kindergarten: The impact of TK for English Learner Students American Institutes for Research
- Transitional Kindergarten: Growing Children’s Early Academic Skills