Town Hall Meetings 2016-2017
2020 Strategic Plan Effort begins
The First 5 Kern Commission is beginning the 2020 Strategic Plan effort and the launch of the next ‘Request for Proposal’ effort. In preparation, staff met with communities across the county, hosting 12 Town Hall meetings for the purpose of:
- Sharing First 5 Kern’s history and planning steps for the next funding cycle beginning 2020;
- Identifying priority needs and gaps in services that First 5 Kern can address in the next funding cycle;
- Utilizing direct discussions with residents to better understand the needs throughout Kern County; and
- Gathering attendee input, ideas and priorities to share with First 5 Kern Commission.
Town Hall meetings were held in the following cities and surrounding communities (not in order of priority) and the meeting recap notes can be viewed by clicking the links below.
Meetings were advertised throughout the County of Kern via flyers, networking, and public service announcements. All meetings were open to the public. Attendees were asked to share how they view programs and services in their surrounding region based on First 5 Kern’s focus areas:
- Health and Wellness
- Parent Education and Support Services
- Early Childcare and Education